Product Fit and Wear Test Analyst - Footwear
General Position Description:
The primary function of the Product Fit and Wear Test Analyst is to work directly with the footwear creation team as well as our global database of fit and wear testers to contribute key perceptual information in regards to footwear fit, performance and design. This role will act as an information liaison between our multi-departmental infrastructure including Development, Design, and Merchandising to ensure the performance integrity of our product meets the needs of our end consumers. Strong attention to detail along with the ability to manage multiple projects is vital to the success of this position.
1) Create and maintain the pool of wear and biomechanical testers and their profiles to improve the quality of category feedback and enhance learning derived from subjective evaluation and product wear testing
2) Coordinate internal and external fit and wear evaluations with the creation teams and wear tester database
3) Work with creation team to ensure that the wear testing online surveys are current, effective and produce useable results for all inline projects.
4) Communicate with our manufatures to coordinate the shipping and receiving of all sample shipments including 1st rounds through pre production wear test samples and distribute them to our pre-selected testing database.
5) Work with the creation team to develop and implement perceptual testing methodologies to gather quantitative subjective product evaluations.
6) Participate in the analysis and interpretation of test, evaluation and survey results in order to provide Development and Design with qualitative and quantitative data that can be translated into our product creation process
7) Establish guidelines to assign priority to projects and define research agendas aimed at improving product performance and maximizing the use of testing resources. Monitor and adjust processes to meet the brand initiatives and demands
8) Participate in internal and external sales/ marketing meetings, academic conferences, and medical conferences in the presentation of technical research, data and theory
· Bachelor’s degree with a background in Biomechanics, Kinesiology, and/or Exercise Science or an equivalent analytical field preferred.
· 1-2 years experience in product creation or running retail.
· Ideal candidate has experience working in the technical running community, properly fitting runners for the correct footwear, evaluating how shoes fit and perform as well as general knowledge of the technical running marketplace
· Working experience with statistical analysis procedures with the ability to analyze test information and provide subjective feedback in a concise and understandable manner
· Understanding of footwear components, materials, and production processes is preferred
· Ability to work professionally and efficiently with all departments that make up Brooks Sports, Inc., including sales, marketing, production, and operations
· Excellent verbal, written, presentational and problem solving skills. Technical writing experience is preferred
· Demonstrated MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access skills are required as well as experience working with PDM or other databases
Apply at www.brooksrunning.com