Axiom is seeking a System/Network Administrator for our New York office.
Who we are
Axiom is a new model law firm and one of the nation’s fastest growing companies. This position is with the Headquarters team - fun, passionate people busily introducing fresh ideas to a tradition-bound profession. Our team members’ responsibilities run the gamut, including attorney outreach, business development, marketing, finance, IT and HR. We’re incredibly selective in our hiring and meticulously focused on creating a truly special and addictive culture. Axiom’s unique approach has been featured in Forbes and Corporate Counsel magazines. Axiom received a 2006 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award and was ranked #73 in the Inc. 500.
What we’re looking for
This is a rare opportunity for an innovative and forward-looking system/network administrator with the initiative necessary to engage a hands-on position in the delivery of information technology solutions across Axiom’s worldwide offices. We are looking for someone that displays the ability to work as a member of a team, lead specialists, manage all aspects of projects, and provide consultancy to users.
The System/Network Administrator will:
· Work to ensure a secure, effective, available, and reliable computing environment that acts as a driver to Axiom’s success.
· Maintain, nurture and improve Axiom’s information technology infrastructure inclusive of its servers, enterprise software, desktop systems, as well as data & voice networks.
· Continuously assess, design, propose, and implement procedures for the deployment, securing, maintenance, auditing, and standardization of the information technology delivery infrastructure.
· Manage & implement processes for software standardization, software deployment & maintenance, systems provisioning, systems monitoring, events monitoring, backups, and licensing compliance.
· Provide exceptional personal support to your end users.
· Exercise decisiveness, good judgement, strong organization skills, project management skills, strong technical knowledge, execellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
· Help make the work-place fun, light-hearted and enjoyable for your peers and colleagues.
Succesful candidates possess the following technical skills/background:
· Thorough knowledge and experience in administering Windows 2003 servers in domain environment including installing, troubleshooting and configuring Domains, Active Directory, DNS. DHCP, IIS, Group Policy, FSMO roles, User/Group administration, auditing event logs. MCSA or MSCE certification a plus.
· Experience with server virtualization (management & optimization hosts; configuration & provisioning of virtual hosts). VMWare Infrastructure 3 experience desirable. Experience managing VMHosts in SAN environment w/ boot from SAN configuration desirable.
· Thorough knowledge and experience in installing, deploying, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows XP & Vista.
· Experience managing Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005 (provisioning databases; privilege management; maintenance plans; performance; replication; scheduling & management of jobs)
· Exchange Server 2000/2003 installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting expertise with 2007 experience preferred, but not required
· Network administration experience (LAN/WAN connectivity, network architecture, network security concepts, managed switches, QoS, VLANs, TCP/IP concepts). CCNA certification a plus.
· Experience in software deployment/maintenance via Symantec Ghost, Intellimirror, and WSUS a plus.
· Experience installing, configuring, administrating, and troubleshooting terminal services. Citrix Access Essentials or Presentation Server a plus.
· Experience managing & maintaining enterprise backup system. Symantec BackupExec a plus.
As a key member of Axiom’s IT team, some after-hours /weekend work will be necessary to minimize the impact of system changes on your end users. Additionally, limited travel will be necessary in support of our emerging and growing branch offices.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree from 4 year school, five to seven years of related work experience and a track record of succeeding in a fast paced environment at a high-growth, sometimes chaotic company.
Please send your resume and cover letter in an e-mail entitled “System/Network Administrator” to email@example.com Word documents preferred. Please visit our website, www.axiomlaw.com