QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Smiths Medical is a division of Smiths Group a global technology leader headquartered in London, England. Smiths Group is a diverse group of businesses and our people continue to reflect that diversity. Smiths businesses employ approximately 22,000 people in over 50 countries. Traded on the London Stock Exchange and recognized as a FTSE 100 index company. When you join us you will be involved in making products and offering services that make the world safer, healthier and more productive.
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
The successful candidate will perform work in documentation, analysis and managing of quality activities relating to product and services provided by the company. Responsibilities include assisting the Operations Department with the application of engineering principles to lay out, construct, and guide the course of manufacturing operations and resolving all problems occurring within manufacturing and QA to assure the highest level of quality and accuracy of all devices manufactured at Smiths Medical PM, Inc. Departments of responsibility include Inspection/Finished Goods and QC Testing.
Specifically, the Quality Assurance Manager will:
• Develop, implement, and coordinate the product assurance program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products.
• Assume responsibility for assuring that all QA and Operations Department activities are compliant with GMP regulations and MDD requirements.
• Provide support in developing and maintaining procedures and work instruction documentation in compliance with GMP and MDD regulations.
• Provide support in the development and maintenance of a WIP repair and service return trending database.
• Ensure that quality records are properly maintained.
• Lead in the development and maintenance of SPC methods and processes.
• Perform and schedule vendor quality audits.
• Be responsible for lot control and serial number tracking files in compliance with Company and GMP requirements.
• Provide guidance for the proper quarantining and release of good and material (incoming and WIP).
• Implement manufacturing procedures to make products easier and less expensive to produce.
• Be responsible for time study on new products, working along with Director of Operations.
• Liaise with other company departments and company suppliers.
• Manage subordinate supervisors who supervise other employees in the Inspection/Finished Goods department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Perform other duties as required.
• BSME, BSEE, BSMEE degree or equivalent and five years relevant engineering/quality experience relating to medical products or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong technical aptitude and effective communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively on an independent basis.
• Ability to manage other people and related departments.
Our benefits mean you benefit…
• Medical/Prescription Drug Plans • Dental Plan Options • Vision Care Plan • Employee Life/AD&D Options • Optional Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance • Long-Term & Short Term Disability • Flexible Spending Account • 401 (k) with Company Match • Retirement Account Plan • Paid Time Off • Tuition Reimbursement • Employee Assistance Program • Corporate Discount Programs.
To find out more and apply, visit us at:
eoe • mfdv • dfw